Yes, it depends on the type of tiles that your vacuum cleaner is designed to handle. You should not use the maximum power available if cleaning tiles, as some cleaners may be too weak to remove the dirt effectively. You may need to use the upper setting on the power controller. Otherwise, the tiles will end up with an unpleasant scratchy feel. It may be advisable to use a different type of cleaner for your tiles, as well.
Cleaning tiles with a corded or cordless vacuum cleaner
In this case, you may be able to use the high power setting on the power controller. But if you use the lowest setting, the cord will become caught on the tiles. You may even find that the cord detaches, damaging the vacuum cleaner. To avoid this, turn off the power on the vacuum cleaner when you are cleaning.
Cleaning tiles with a handheld or hand-held vacuum cleaner.
If you use a handheld or hand-held vacuum cleaner, it is best to use a medium or high-power setting. The vacuum cleaner may become entangled in the cord, which can cause the vacuum cleaner to stop working. This is because the motor gets overheated. It is important to change the power on the vacuum cleaner as soon as you start cleaning so that the cord does not become too twisted.
Cleaning tiles using a vacuum-cleaner brush
You may be able to use a vacuum cleaner brush to clean tiles. If you are using a handheld or hand-held vacuum cleaner, you should be careful not to get too close to the edges of the tiles. They may get scratched and cause damage if brushed too hard.
Steps to using a vacuum cleaner on tiles
- Use a small area of tiles to check the vacuum cleaner’s cleaning power. Start with the smallest area of tiles that you can handle easily.
- Turn on the power on the vacuum cleaner and hold it in the same position for the longest time.
- Turn off the power and hold the vacuum cleaner in one hand. Move it gently around the tiles to ensure that the cord does not get caught on any tile edges.
- Turn off the power and repeat the process on other tiles until you have tested the cleaning power on the entire area.
- Turn off the power, remove the nozzle and switch the vacuum cleaner off. Wait for the vacuum cleaner to cool down before using it again.
Tips for cleaning tiles with a handheld or hand-held vacuum cleaner
- Using a handheld or hand-held vacuum cleaner for tile cleaning. To ensure that the vacuum cleaner is working effectively, hold it at the same spot on the tiles for the longest time. The vibration produced by the vibrations will distribute the dirt evenly through the tiles. Try to avoid scratching the tiles as this may weaken the vacuuming power.
- Scratching the tiles with a corded or cordless vacuum cleaner. The worst mistake that people make when cleaning tiles is to use the maximum power available. If this happens, the tiles can get very dirty very quickly.
- Be sure to use a medium or high power setting on the power controller so that the cord does not become too twisted and the tiles do not become scratched.
- Carefully move the vacuum cleaner around the tiles to clean them.
- If the cord becomes caught on a tile edge, turn off the power and hold it in one hand until the vacuum cleaner cools down.