The importance of an electric kettle is no more unknown to anyone. Uses of an electric kettle are versatile, and you can use it for several things, from heating water to boiling pasta and eggs, etc. Electric kettles have their importance in the kitchen at present, and every household must own at least one. Bringing an electric kettle to your home eases not only your manual work but also speeds the kitchen work. It has become one of the most important kitchen appliances because of its functionality and versatility. There are different types of kettles and have various kettle sizes. Kettle uses are very varied, and you can use a big electric kettle for more than one purpose. There are different tea kettle types, which come in all shapes, sizes, and fall under different budget categories. Energy-efficient electric kettles are a great source to save energy and time. Electric kettles are very handy in everyday life chores, and they act as life saviors in the winters. And, who does not like to have a hot cup of coffee or tea in the chilling weather? As there are various types of kettles of different sizes, shapes, and designs, here is how to choose an electric kettle as per your needs and requirements.
Advantages of buying an electric kettle
- Easy processing- Electric kettles make brewing coffee and tea very easy. No extra efforts are required to brew the drink, and the processing gets very easy.
- Energy-efficient- The foremost benefit of an electric kettle is that it is an energy-efficient appliance. The energy or electricity required to heat things in an electric kettle is very low, as compared to other commonly used methods. An energy-efficient electric kettle is useful to save energy and requires a very less amount of power.
- High-speed- electric kettles are mainly known for their fast heating process. An electric kettle needs very less time to heat any kind of beverage poured in it.
- Versatility- An electric kettle can be used for heating and boiling several other things along with boiling water. The use of an electric kettle can be to boil pasta, milk, brew coffee, etc. in a particular quantity.
- Less power consumption- The power or energy required by an electric kettle to boil liquids is much less than that of a stove or an oven.
- Easy to use- Electric kettles are very easy to use and safe to handle. Anyone can use it as they are easy to handle, and the external material does not heat up instantly.
- Convenient- The use of electric kettles is very convenient, as they are portable and can be carried anywhere. Their compact size and shape make them easy to carry.
Important factors to consider in an electric kettle before buying
- Capacity: One of the essential features to look for in an electric kettle before buying is its capacity. Electric kettles available in the market are mostly 2 cups of an electric tea kettle. If you wish to have a big electric kettle, 1-2 liter of the capacity of the electric kettle is fair enough.
- Boiling efficiency: Another major factor that you have to consider before buying is the boiling efficiency of a particular kettle. The efficiency of boiling majorly depends upon the power of the motor. The higher the wattage or power of the product, the faster the results will be. For a normal-sized electric kettle, 1500 watts are more than enough to heat 1 liter of liquid that is generally water. But, if you have a big electric kettle with more capacity, the wattage should be more than 1500 watts anyhow.
- Filter: Many of the advanced electric kettles come with a filter for preventing particles from going into the cup when pouring the liquid. If you wish to filter out any particles from your drink, you must opt for this kind of electric kettle that has the filtration feature. The filters must be changed after a while, and the price will also be higher than the other ones.
- Water gauge: When you are going to buy an electric kettle for some specific purpose, you must ensure that it has a water gauge. It helps you to know the level of water inside the kettle. With the help of a water gauge, you can see the level of liquid inside the kettle without opening the lid. This feature is beneficial for practical use when you accurately measure water for the preparation of any drink. Without the availability of gauge, it is challenging to guess the water level inside the kettle, and you might end up having more or less amount than required.
- Power: The more powerful any electric kettle will be, the more efficient and quicker it will do its job. You must keep in mind that the more the wattage will be the louder sound it will make. A kettle with less power will require more time to complete the task.
- Cord or cordless: Generally, most of the kettles that are available in the market are the ones with the cord. But, if you would like to go for a cordless electric kettle, you can buy that too. With a cordless electric kettle, you can lift the kettle from its base and pour water into your cup directly.
These are the main features that a 2-cup electric tea kettle must-have, and you must choose your tea kettle type very precisely and according to your requirements. There are multiple kettle uses of electric kettles and various kettle sizes. Something that many people ask is a kettle, an energy-efficient appliance? The answer to this question is yes; most of the electric kettles are energy efficient electric kettles. Now, you may wonder why and where to buy a kettle. Here is why you must get an electric kettle for yourself and how it will benefit you:
How will buying an electric kettle benefit you?
- Your time will be saved as electric kettles speed up the brewing, heating, and the boiling process.
- You can take it with you anywhere you go and use them to heat your drinks at any remote place.
- The energy or power required by an electric kettle is relatively deficient.
- You can use a single electric kettle for multiple purposes.
- An electric kettle can be used for brewing hot drinks, boiling water, pasta, milk, etc.
- It is the best appliance for people who travel frequently and students that stay in dorms as no other equipment is required in addition to using it.
- In winter, you can prepare your hot drinks right beside you with the help of the electric kettle.
- As an electric kettle heats the water or other liquids fast, it saves a lot of time.
So now you know why you must buy an electric kettle. The question that remains is where to buy a kettle. Below-listed are some of the best options to buy an electric kettle, and you can buy them from the links mentioned in the following tables.
Below is the list of some of the best electric kettles throughout the world:
Link To Check Price
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Fast, Electric Hot Water Kettle for Tea and Coffee, 1 Liter, Silver
8 x 5.52 x 7.88 inches
1.7L Electric Glass Kettle with 304 Stainless Steel, PCTG( Plastic Free, BPA Free),1500W Fast Boiling Heater, LED Light, Cordless Glass Teapot with Boil-Dry
7.36 x 10.59 x 9.21 inches
VOSEN Electric Kettle Electric Tea Kettle 1.7L Double Wall Stainless Steel, BPA Free Cool Touch Kettle with Auto Shut-Off & Boil Dry Protection, 1500W
11.6 x 8.6 x 7.6 inches
Miroco Electric Kettle Temperature Control Stainless Steel 1.7 L Tea Kettle, BPA-Free Hot Water Boiler Cordless with LED Light, Auto Shut-Off, Boil-Dry
Mainly for water
6.1 x 8.74 x 9.84 inches
Electric Kettle, Miroco 1.5L Double Wall 100% Stainless Steel BPA-Free Cool Touch Tea Kettle with Overheating Protection, Cordless with Auto Shut-Off
5.91 x 5.91 x 9.45 inches
An electric kettle has become a must-have kitchen appliance in the present. You must choose an energy-efficient electric kettle and a kettle that is big enough for your beverage requirements. Always ensure the quality, type, and features of the kettle before you buy it. Electric kettles are here to stay and add ease and convenience to your life. A portable electric kettle is the best one as you can place and use it anywhere. Also, the energy requirement of electric kettles is very low, and most of the electric kettles are budget-friendly.