Yes, you can wash the car mats in the washing machine. Car mats are mainly big. Still, your car washes them in the washing machine if you want to, but you will have to wash them carefully.
If the car mats are made up of carpet quality fabric, it is not to be washed in the washing machine, but if they are rubber quality.
Then it is quite difficult to wash in the washing machine because rubber mats get ruined if you wash them in the washing machine.
Why Should Rubber Mats Not Be Washed In The Washing Machine?
Please do not wash rubber mats in the washing machine because they can get damaged, and it will be such damage that it will ruin everything. I will tell you some of these damages:
- If you wash rubber mats in the washing machine, they will eventually tear because of all the spinning in the washing machine.
- You will waste your electricity.
- It will create a lot of noise.
- You will waste your detergent.
- The washing machine may get unbalanced and may fall.
- You will waste your water.
- If you spin them, then they will tear into pieces and get destroyed.
- They will tear apart and get shrunken.
How To Wash Carpet Car Mats In The Washing Machine?
Are you still unsure about how to wash car mats in the washing machine? Come, I will tell you the correct way.
- If the car mats are very dirty then, first soak them in detergent water.
- After soaking for some time, pre-treat the stains because hard stains don’t get off easily in the washing machine.
- Please put them in the washing machine and don’t put on any other clothes because car mats are dirtier than normal clothes and also only one or two car mats can take up all the space in the washing machine.
- So by putting on more clothes, your washing machine will get overloaded.
- You should use hard detergent in washing the car mats as they can withstand this detergent.
- Use a fabric softener along with the detergent.
- Normal water should be used while washing the car mats because hot water can damage their material.
- Use a short cycle among your washing machine settings because long cycles will get the car mats in bad condition.
- Do not dry them in the washing machine.
- Always air dries them because spinning them in the washing machine will destroy them. Spinning mats can also cause shrinking and tearing.
As you read above, it depends on the car mats’ quality to wash them in the washing machine, the one with the carpet material can easily get washed in the washing machine, you can’t wash thr rubber carpets in the washing machine.
As exemptions come with everything, there are some things which you should not do while washing car mats in the washing machine. Follow these steps to wash them without losing the efficiency of the washing machine.