Yes, you can wash mouse pads in the washing machine, but you need to take precautions to wash the mousepads made up of rubber. For the mousepads made up of cloth, you can normally wash as you wash other things.
If you work or have a keen interest in gaming, it is natural for you to have a computer or a gaming setup. One of the important elements of the computer is the mouse which allows us to access the computer. To keep it clean, you use a mouse pad that prevents dust from entering the mouse and provides cushioning to the wrist not to strain. But when the mouse pad itself is dirty, then what to do in that case?
The answer is that you can wash it in the washing machine while following some precautions.
Rules To Follow While Washing A Mouse Pad In The Washer.
- Put only mouse pads in the washer, excluding all other clothing items. It may not be a good idea to wash mouse pads with other clothes.
- Go with a mild washing soap that does not contain bleach within it.
- Prefer using cold water while washing the mouse pads in the washing machine because hot water can melt the rubber of the mouse pad.
- Set your washer on the most gentle cycle that is available.
- Wash the mousepads for a short time.
- Always air dry the mousepads.
What Will Happen If You Don’t Follow These Rules.
If you don’t follow these steps, then the consequences will be bad such as:
- Suppose you accidentally choose the hot water temperature to wash the mousepads. In that case, the rubber under them will melt, and the melting of rubber inside the washing machine will cause damage to the washing machine and the surroundings.
- If bleach is poured into the washing machine, it will damage the color of the mouse pad.
- Also, if bleach reacts with hot water, it will create lather which will not be safe for the mouse pad.
- If you wash the mouse pad for a long duration, then it will get rough and won’t provide comfort to the wrist.
- If the mousepads are spun in the dryer, there is a high chance of tearing due to excessive banging inside the washing machine.
Mousepads are a necessity, and they are meant to be washed once a month because they do get dirty in one month as they tolerate your hand sweat, and also people who like munching in between their work tend to get their mouse pad dirty very early. So to protect them from getting ruined, you have got to wash them one in thirty days.
Here are some do’s and don’ts to follow while washing mouse pads in the washer. Hope it will be helpful for you to wash the mouse pad.