The answer to this is quite Yes!
And half like it depends upon the quality of the slippers you will wash in the washing machine.
You can wash the cotton slippers which you normally wear in your room, but the plastic slippers which you wear and go outside can’t get washed in the washing machine. Plastic slippers need to be washed by hand, and they can even damage your washing machine if you put them in it.
Rubber slippers can be washed easily in the washing machine; it just takes 10 minutes to wash them.
Use a gentle wash mode for rubber slippers and washing machines to damage the sole and shape of the slipper.
Do not wash slippers that are hard soles!!
For hard sole slippers, always use warm water instead of hot water as it may damage the slipper and its sole.
You can use any laundry detergent to clean your hard sole slippers.
Leather slippers can’t be washed in the washing machine. You can use wet wipes or shampoo in a damp cloth to wipe your slippers. Else you can use a leather cleaner solution for cleaning.
Do not use any detergent to clean your leather slipper.
Polish it and then air dry your slipper and use a leather conditioner to restore the shine of the slippers.
Clark slippers which are of good quality, make sure not to wash them in the washing machine as they will be damaged.
You can hand wash your Clark slippers or clean them with a damp cloth and later air dry them.
You can wash Moccasin shoes in the washing machine. Use a gentle mode for cleaning. You can set your Machine for five minutes.
Moccasin shoes use liquid detergent instead of hard detergent. Use clothes to dry them, and later air dry them.
Do not wash fur slippers in the washing machine as it may damage the fur of the slippers.
You can use a damp cloth soaked in baby shampoo or a liquid detergent in warm water to clean the stain on the fur and later air dry them. Do not dry them in a machine as it will damage the furs.
You can even use baking soda to clean the furs of the slippers.
While washing your cotton slippers in the washing machine, you should keep some important things in mind, such as:
- It would be best to wash them separately without any clothes because slippers are generally dirtier than clothes.
- It would be best if you always used the normal temperature of the water and not hot because hot water can damage the cloth of your slippers and even shrink them.
- Use a mild detergent while washing the slippers.
- Use lesser time cycles because the longer ones are not appropriate.
- Air dry your slippers instead of tumble drying them.
- Try popping your slippers in a bag or even in an empty pillow case cover to protect your slippers as well as your ears.