Yes, AirPods may survive in the washing machines. AirPods are made of amazing technology and are made to withstand water for at least 60 minutes. Electronic devices are not made fully waterproof, so shocks and potential damage may occur.
The main problem is that the AirPods are wireless and small, so people don’t give any attention and throw them in the washing machine by mistake, and they mostly go in the washing machine through jean’s pocket.
If you don’t pay much attention, then you will damage your AirPods. If you don’t follow these steps, then AirPods will get spoiled, and then you will have to invest in new AirPods for no reason.
Things You Should Do If You Accidentally Washed AirPods.
It is possible to save your AirPods as most of them come with IPXX technology these days, predicting how much time they can survive in the water. Keep in mind this IPXX point while buying AirPods.
These are some things you can do if you accidentally washed AirPods in the washing machine:
- Please do not use them for at least 12 hours, do not charge them or plug them on your phone.
- Dry them with a towel or microfiber cloth for some time
- Then put them in sunlight so that the water evaporates.
- You can even put them in a rice container because rice soaks up the water.
- Please don’t put them in their charging case before they are fully dry.
- Do not use heat in drying them like a hairdryer because heat can spoil them as they are not that heat resistant.
- You can use silica gel packs to absorb the moisture, put some silica gel in a ziplock bag, and then transfer the AirPods into them.
- Would you mind not using them for some time? Use it when once it is completely dried.
- You can use a cotton swab to dry the inner parts of the AirPods.
- You should be attentive, check your pockets and every piece of clothing before putting it in the washing machine to prevent it from happening in the first place.
So it is clear that AirPods can survive in the washing machine if only you take several steps to save them from getting damaged.
By; use reading this, I am sure that you won’t have any more confusion about saving your AirPods if washed in the washing machine.