Best Sewing Machine for Quilting
Many people don’t have the money or space in their sewing rooms to own a long arm quilter. Long arm quilting machine not only takes up the enormous space of the room but can also be hard on your body to stand while working and push & pull a 20 to 50-pound quilting machine head. Working like this daily can result in multiple joint issues, and this is why many people choose to use the regular best sewing machine for quilting.
Sewing machines have witnessed significant advancements over the years, and there are now several excellent models that allow easy quilting. To help you find the best sewing machine for quilting without any trouble, we have mentioned five best sewing machines for quilting.
What is a quilting sewing machine?
The best sewing machine for quilting allows a user to create blocks that are 4 to 6 inches and allow fast and efficient quilting. Fabric into the quilting machine is hand-fed. The fabric in the sewing machine is pinned before starting, and pins are removed from the layers of fabric as the sandwich is being sewn.
Long-arm sewing machines are the best for quilting purposes. However, they are expensive. Lots of models that have been discussed in this post are inexpensive models of the long arm quilting machine.
How to look for the best sewing machine for quilting?
In this section, we will discuss some of the features that you need to look for when choosing the best sewing machine for free-motion quilting.
- Throat space – The throat space in the sewing machine needs to be significant as you will get more space to work with your quilt and other larger craft projects.
- Table – If there is an extended table with the sewing machine, it will allow you to work with the best possible freedom.
- Thread cutter – In-built thread cutter add versatility to the best sewing machine for quilting.
- Decorative stitches – It is not a mandatory feature for your long arm quilting machine, but it allows you to add more designs to your quilting pattern.
- Quilting stitches – Some sewing machines will include quilting stitches, such as tie-off stitch or the stay stitch.
- Needle position – Machines that allow the setting of the needle position to the up or down position are best for quilters. This feature allows a quilter to have more freedom when making their quilt.
Brother CS6000i Quilting Machine
The Brother CS6000i computerized quilting machine is a trendy machine amongst beginners. The Brother CS6000i quilting with a standard sewing machine is best selling sewing machine on Amazon. This Brother machine is affordable and comes with a bundle of features. Most people who are in this business consider this Brother machine as the best quilting machine because it is so easy to use and requires very little maintenance. This machine is easy to use a computerized machine.
This machine is even used in some work and classrooms. If you are looking for an inexpensive sewing machine for quilting purposes, then this one is the best sewing machine for beginners. The machine comes with an in-built LCD that makes stitch selection easy.
- This Brother quilting machine offers the stitching speed of 850 stitches per minute. At this price, the speed is suitable for beginners and intermediates.
- The weight of this sewing machine for quilting is 13 pounds, which means it is easy to move. The machine offers excellent portability.
- The automatic needle threading function allows the user to skip the step of passing the thread through the needle.
- This Brother machine comes with a touch screen LCD that allows a user to easily select the function according to the requirement of a quilting project.
Patchwork 7285Q sewing machine for free-motion quilting
The patchwork 7285Q sewing machine is the machine that is built for both experienced and beginners. The machine comes with a bundle of innovative features, including 100 built-in stitch options, six types of automated single-step buttonholes, 15 types of stitch modes for quilting, an automatic needle threader drop-in bobbin, and an automatic stitch length and width adjuster. The Patchwork sewing machine comes with a start/stop push-button for easy functionality. Creative elements like programmable upside/downside needles, extension table for more significant projects, and four variants of quilting presser feet are there to offer you plenty of advancements. It is the best machine if you are looking for patchwork on a quilt using a sewing machine.
- This sewing machine comes with an automatic needle threader that saves a lot of time when handling several quilting projects. This feature prevents the strain on your eyes.
- The variable speed control feature lets you quickly adjust the maximum amount of sewing speed of your machine.
- The machine comes with six types of fully automated single-step buttonholes. This feature is a one-step process that builds the most balanced kinds of buttonholes in fabrics.
- There are 100 stitch modes options offered with this Patchwork 7285Q sewing machine. In total, there are nine essential stitch options, six quilting stitch options, eight stretch stitch options, seven buttonholes, and 61 decorative stitch options.
JUKI TL-2000Qi sewing machine for quilting
If you are seriously looking for the quilting with a standard sewing machine, then you should seriously consider the best yet impressive Juki TL-200qi best sewing machine for quilting. This Juki sewing machine comes with an ample throat space that you will love while working on quilting projects. Juki is one of the favorite sewing machines amongst beginners as well as experienced. This Juki sewing machine is best yet a real workhorse as it achieves the speed of 1500 stitches per minute.
The automatic needle threading features help the user to avoid the hassle of passing the thread through the needle. The die-cast frame of this sewing machine reduces the vibration when you are working on heavy fabrics.
- The Juki sewing machine offers an excellent stitching speed of 1500 stitches per minute. The machine is popular among experienced as well as beginners.
- The weight of the Juki sewing machine is approx 36 pounds. This means the frame of the machine is heavy and lets you easily complete your heavy quilting projects.
- The automatic needle threading function helps the user to avoid the hassle of passing the thread through the needle.
- The aluminum die-cast frame and arm reduce the vibration of the machine when you are working on large quilting projects
Singer confidence quilter 7469Q sewing machine
This Singer confidence sewing machine is the best machine that comes with a wide number of features and offers excellent affordability. If you are looking for quilting on a domestic sewing machine, then this Singer machine is the perfect match for you. Even if you are looking for patchwork on the quilt using a sewing machine, this machine will give full justice to your needs.
The Singer confidence quilting sewing machine offers 98 stitch options out of which seven styles are of 1-step buttonhole.
The automatic needle threading function allows you to skip the step of passing the thread through the needle, which results in strain on the eyes. The frame of this machine is so solid that it won’t tip even if you work on heavy craft projects or quilting projects.
- The stitching speed of the Singer confidence sewing machine is 700 stitches per minute, which is suitable for both experienced as well as the beginner.
- The throat space is around 6.5 inches that allows you to take up even larger quilting projects easily.
- The weight of Singer confidence long arm quilting machine is 22 pounds. It means that the machine offers excellent portability.
Janome 3160QDC computerized quilting sewing machine
The Janome 3160QDC quilting sewing machine comes with an extension table and a quick kit. The machine offers dozens of in-built stitch options and an easy to use LCD. The user can use this LCD as a control panel. Janome quilting machines are known for their superior quality and innovative features. The machine offers 60 in-built stitch options and six in-built buttonholes to help you take up any sewing or quilting project without having to think twice. It is effortless to change bobbins with the help of a jam-proof top-loading bobbin system. You also get an automatic thread cutter button that cuts both the bottom and the top thread. You get a reverse stitch button to reinforce your stitching.
- The Janome computerized sewing machine offers an excellent stitching speed of 820 stitches per minute. This is suitable for beginners as well as intermediates.
- The Janome computerized sewing machine is a long arm quilting machine with a throat space of 7 inches.
- There are 60 in-built stitch options and six in-built buttonholes. This feature can help you create a variety of designs while quilting.
- The automatic needle threading function helps you skip the process of passing the thread through the needle. Furthermore, you can avoid the strain on your eyes.
- The easy to use LCD allows a user to easily access and control the settings and functions of the Janome long arm quilting machine.
Products Buying Guide:
|Product Image||Product Name||Link To Check Price|
So these were some of the best sewing machines for quilting. If you are looking for patchwork on a quilt using sewing machine and quilting with a standard sewing machine, then you can choose any of these above-mentioned sewing machines. We hope this post helps you in getting the perfect sewing machine for quilting purposes.