When You Should Clean Your Phone Case:
We often buy fancy phone cases that suit our personality and mood. So we end up picking up mostly those phone cases that are light in tone. Since we spend most of our time in front of gadgets, especially phones, the cover gets dirty very easily.
Also, we avail public transportation, and due to the sweat, phone cases start to look very untidy within a few days. Due to our lack of time, and the phones cases look even duller.
A dull phone case not only implies a lack of maintenance, but it is also not good for us. Because our hands are getting in close contact with the phone cases, we intentionally transfer all those specks of dirt on our faces while talking over the phone or touching our faces with our hands.
Let us know how to clean the silicone phone cases that have turned yellow. In this blog, I will share all the necessary steps to follow.
The Method of Cleaning Silicone Phone Cases:
I will talk about the proper methods to clean a silicone phone case and mention everything from the things required to the proper techniques to follow.
Things you will need:
- Liquid soap
- Tissue paper.
- A container
- Take a small container and pour some liquid soap into it.
- Add water as per requirement and start mixing it.
- Mix the two ingredients very well so that the solution can work as a cleaning agent.
- Dip the toothbrush in that solution and start rubbing the phone case.
- It will remove any solid dirt or grime and prepare the phone case for the step case.
- Rinse the case with plain water and dry it with the help of tissue paper.
Things you will need:
- Tissue paper
- Moist the tissue paper and cover the sides of the silicone phone cases that are not stained.
- Fold the moist tissue paper according to the shape of the phone case.
Things that are required:
- One lemon
- One tablespoon to measure
- Baking soda
- A knife
- A bowl
- You do not need to buy chemical bleach to clean your silicone phone case because artificial bleach can damage the material.
- We shall make a homemade bleach that will work fine. For this, grab a knife and cut the lemon into two pieces.
- Take the small bowl and squeeze out the juice of the lemon slices.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda into the lemon juice.
- The mixture will start foaming up and now, mix it well with a toothbrush.
- Apply a thick layer of the paste on the yellow spots with the help of the toothbrush.
- Leave the phone case for ten to fifteen minutes.
Things that are needed:
- Hand gloves
- Tissue paper
- Wear a hand glove so that your nails do not get in close contact with the bleach.
- Grab the toothbrush you used to apply the paste to the phone case and rinse it thoroughly with water. Now, use this clean toothbrush and start scrubbing the spots. Put slight pressure so that the stains get removed.
- If you see that there is no stain left anymore, rinse the toothbrush with water and scrub the phone case with it once more.
- Now, you can wash the phone case with cold or normal temperature water and dry it off with tissue paper.
Tip: Never use warm or hot water to remove any sort of stain. Silicone is a material that can tolerate high temperatures and does not react with most things. But hot or lukewarm water will make the stain remain there forever. No matter how much you try, you can not remove the stain. So, always use cold or room-temperature water.
Additional Things to Consider:
You can follow these steps to clean your silicone phone case. But, following these processes daily is not possible for any of us. Therefore, you need to take special care so that your phone case does not get dirty frequently. I will share the techniques to keep it clean.
- Try to keep your phone in your bag as much as possible when you are outside. This technique will help you to avoid the biggest factor that is responsible for those dirty yellow spots.
- Do not touch your phone case while eating. The oil present in our food can be transferred to its surface and attract dirt.
- When you are at home, try washing your hands frequently. In this way, your phone case will not get in direct contact with dirt.