Why Should You Clean Your AirPods?
We all love those AirPods because they are the ones who give us company whenever we feel alone. We listen to the songs and podcasts or even talk to our loved ones with its help.
Due to the repeated usage, it starts to get dirty, and wax builds upon it. So we keep it in our bags and wallets sometimes. But the friction is not enough to clean out all those gunk unless we do it ourselves.
We have to remove those wax by following some methods regularly manually. Of course, we use them every day, but we are not much bothered about it when it comes to cleaning them.
Putting those dirty Airpods repeatedly into our ears is not only bad for our health, but also it is bad for the gadget. Building up wax over a long period can block the outlet of the sounds, and it may seem that they are not working properly.
But sometimes, it may seem difficult to clean that dirt out of them. So, in this blog, I will share a simple and effective way to clean wax out AirPods. All the ingredients you need will be available at your home, and you do not have to buy anything to follow these steps. So, let us see the methods.
The Methods to Clean Wax Out of AirPods:
There are two steps that you have to follow to clean the AirPods properly. I will share the techniques after mentioning the things that you require for following the steps.
Things That You Need:
- A scraping tool.
- A tissue paper
- Hand sanitizer
- First of all, you need to scrape those wax out of the gadget. For that, you will need a scarping tool. It can be anything with a sharp corner. You can take the help of a screwdriver or the tool that comes with your Apple device for inserting the sim card. It can be an excellent tool for this purpose as it has a sharp end and is precise enough to clean out the wax.
- Grab the tool and gently start scraping out the wax. Do not do it hastily as it can lead to damaging the gadget. Instead, be patient and remove the wax particles.
- Make sure that you do not push the wax further in, as it will make the whole purpose of cleaning pointless. If you think that some wax particles are going inside as you try to pull them out, just leave them or try to take them out by picking the end of those particles with precision.
- Grab a piece of cotton and wipe off the AirPods once. Then, when it is almost free of any wax, you can follow the next step.
Your AirPods are free of wax now. But this is not enough. The built-up dirt on that was not a result of one single day. It took several days for the wax to build up there. I am sure you do not want to put those back into your ears without making them germ and bacteria-free properly. It will not be good for your ears as well. So, consider following the next step once you are done with the first one.
- Take a piece of cotton and pour some hand sanitizer. If you have rubbing alcohol at your home, then you can use it. Since it is a pandemic situation, and I wanted to provide all of you with an alternative that is easily accessible, I mentioned hand sanitizer. All of us have it in our house.
- Pour some alcohol on that cotton pad and start wiping off those buds of your AirPods. It will ensure that the buds are properly clean and germ-free.
- Now your AirPods are clean. But what about the case in which you put them? You need to clean that case because if there is any dirt or wax left, it can make the gadget dirty.
To clean the case, you will need:
- A Q-tip
- Hand sanitizer
- A clean cloth
- All you have to do is grab the case where you keep your AirPods and wipe off any dust or dirt on the surface with the help of a cloth.
- Pour two drops of hand sanitizer on the Q-tip and clean the corners and the insides of the case. Also, clean the bottom of the case.
- Grab the clean cloth, pour some hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol on it, and wipe off the case properly. You will be left with clean AirPods and a clean case to keep them safe.