The Methods to Clean Urine Stains from Mattress:
We can wash our bedsheets, and pillow covers easily, though washing is not something easy. But the process of cleaning becomes even more tiresome when we have to clean mattresses. We can not dump the mattress inside the washing machine. The texture and material of the mattress make it all the more problematic to clean the urine stains off from it.
In this blog, I will share easy steps to clean the stains of urine from the mattress. So, if you are interested to know, keep on reading.
You have to remember that if you want to put in less energy to clean the urine stain from the mattress and you do not want to spend much time, you have to clean it immediately. The more it sits, the more difficult it will be for you to clean the mattress.
If you have found the business quickly, remove the bedsheet immediately and follow these steps to clean the mattress. I will mention the process after informing you about the necessary ingredients.
The things you will need:
- Tissue paper
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
- Grab a bunch of old and discarded newspaper and place it on the top of the mattress where you found the urine. It will absorb the excess liquid as much as possible. If you find that the newspaper has become wet, grab another one and absorb the liquid as much as possible.
- Take a spray bottle and fill half of it with white vinegar and another half with plain water. The water should be at room temperature. Do not use hot or lukewarm water for this purpose, as it can set the stains forever.
- Shake the bottle very well so that the two ingredients can mix up properly.
- Spray the solution on the stain and let it sit for ten minutes. Then, spray some more solution on the stain and absorb the excess liquid with the help of the tissue paper.
- Now sprinkle two tablespoons of baking soda. Baking soda can absorb water very quickly and also absorbs any odor. After sprinkling the baking soda on the spot, let it rest for a night.
- The next day uses a vacuum cleaner to clean the residue of dried baking soda, and you will see that the urine stain has vanished from the mattress, and there is no bad odor.
But if you find that the stain has already been set on the mattress, you have to follow some additional steps to clean that stain out of it.
Things that you need:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Liquid detergent
- Tissue paper
- Spray bottle
- Remove the bedsheet and, using tissue paper, absorb the liquid as much as possible.
- Now take a spray bottle and add two-fifty milliliters of hydrogen peroxide to it. You can buy it from any local shop. Now, add two tablespoons of baking soda and two tablespoons of liquid detergent to it. You can also use the detergent powder by diluting it with water.
- Mix all the ingredients very well, apply a thick layer of solution on the urine spot, and leave it for half an hour.
- Apply another thick layer of that solution on that spot and leave it for another half an hour.
- Make sure that the mixture has dried up completely, and remove the residue with the help of a vacuum cleaner. If you find that the stain is still there, repeat the steps once again. It may take time, but every time you follow these steps, the stain will be lighter.
How to Remove Odor from The Mattress?
- If the stain is not set on the mattress, then the white vinegar and baking soda solution will do the trick. Mix both of the ingredients well and apply that mixture to the stain. Let it dry, and using a vacuum, remove any residue.
- If the stain has been set there and did not notice it earlier, apply the same mixture on the spot, but you have to repeat the process until the stain and the odor is not gone properly.
These are the two simple steps that you have to follow in cleaning urines stains from the mattress. But, to keep it safe in the future, invest in a good mattress liner. The material of mattress liners is specifically made for preventing any liquid from getting absorbed. So, you. You can easily wash and dry them off later. Do not clean it using any artificial chemical ingredient as some of them can damage the mattress’s fabric.