Methods to Clean Oven:
We all are dependent on our ovens. It is so important in today’s life that you can not think about a day without it. But sometimes, we accidentally spill food inside it and then forget to clean it. But leftover food in there can cause some real problems. First of all, it is not hygienic because we warm up our food in the oven, and also it can slow down the process of baking.
If you find the task of cleaning tiresome, then read the entire blog. I will share with you some techniques that will help you clean that oven in no time.
All the ingredients that I will mention are available at your house. So you do not have to spend any extra buck to get that oven clean. I will also share some tips so that your oven remains fresh throughout the week.
- You have to remove the leftover food from the inside of the oven. For that, you need to follow these steps one by one.
- Turn the switch off and let your oven cool down a bit.
- Open the door and make sure that it is not hot enough.
- Wear a hand glove and take the racks out of the oven and place them aside.
- Grab a cloth or tissue paper and try to scrape out the dirt.
- Do it until you are left with racks without anything stuck with them.
Cleaning the surface
- To clean the bottom of your oven, you do not need any artificial cleaning agent or chemical. Instead, you can make an all-natural and DIY cleaning paste.
- Take a small container and add two tablespoons of baking soda to it. Yes. You heard it right. The baking agent is going to work as a cleaning agent.
- Pour some water into it and mix them.
- Make a thick paste. If you have not cleaned the surface for a long time, double the ingredients used to make the paste.
- Wear a hand glove and start applying the paste all over the surface.
- Leave it overnight.
- Cleaning the racks seems to be the hardest thing in the world. But now you do not have to worry about that.
- Take a bucket and fill three fourth of it with very hot water.
- Add some detergent or laundry powder into it and mix them well.
- Place the racks inside the bucket and leave it like this for a night.
Cleaning the glass
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda to lukewarm water.
- Make a paste by mixing them well.
- Take a cloth and apply the mixture all over the glass.
- Scrub a little, and you can see all the dirt coming out of the glass.
- You can also give it a little rest for half an hour.
- Then, take a cloth and soak it in water. Remove any residue from the glass with the help of it.
- You can repeat the process if you feel that there is still something left on the glass.
Cleaning the top
- Take a clean bowl and add two tablespoons of salt to it.
- Then, add two tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Pour some water and make a paste.
- With the help of a cloth, start applying the mixture to the top of the oven.
- Scrub a little, and the top of your oven is perfectly clean.
- On the next morning, take the racks out of the bucket.
- Take a container and add some white vinegar to it.
- Dip a small piece of cloth in the vinegar and start removing the paste of dried baking soda.
- If you think it is not coming off, dip the cloth again in the vinegar and repeat the process.
- Use the same technique to wipe off the inside of your oven.
- You will be left with a whole new oven.
Tips to keep the oven clean
No one of us can follow these steps every single day. We have to keep it clean throughout the week by following some simple tricks. Then, you do not have to work hard the next time you clean the oven.
- Place an oven liner inside. Oven liners are specially designed to keep the insides of your oven clean.
- Ask others to pick any leftover from the inside and throw it into the dustbin every time they spill food inside the oven.
- Cover the container with a lid in which you bake your cakes.
- Try not to fill the container up to its brink. It will increase the chance of getting spilled.