Why Should You Clean Your Silver Rings?
We all prefer silver pieces of jewelry. They are not expensive, look classy, and create a signature look with that silver pieces of jewelry. Wearing silver rings can change your entire look, and they do not make a hole in your pocket as well. Silver rings add a soft yet elegant touch to your look. You can wear them with any outfit.
But the problem is, if you do not take proper care of your silver rings, they will turn black in no time, and you do not want to wear something untidy, right?
Do not worry anymore because I will share easy and simple methods to clean your favorite silver ring in this blog.
Methods to Clean Silver Ring:
You can easily get all the ingredients that you will require for cleaning the silver ring. I am going to mention some proven methods one by one.
- Take a small bowl and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Start boiling some water.
- Add one tablespoon of detergent or laundry powder into the bowl.
- Pour lukewarm water into the bowl and start mixing the powder with water.
- Once you are done with the mixing, place your silver ring into the solution.
- Make sure that the ring is completely submerged into the mixture and let it rest for five minutes.
- After that, take the ring out of the bowl and grab a paper towel.
- Start wiping the ring with that paper towel, and you will see that the black spots are gone.
- If your ring has not turned out black but has lost the shine, then follow this method to get the shine back.
- You will need cornflour. Grab a container and add two tablespoons of cornflour into it.
- Pour some water into the container and start mixing both of them.
- Once you get the desired consistency of a paste, apply a thick layer of it to your ring. Make sure that the paste is thick enough; otherwise, it will not cover the entire ring properly.
- Let the paste dry completely.
- Take a paper towel and soak it in water. Then, start rubbing dry paste off the surface of your ring.
- You will see that your ring has regained its shine.
- It is one of the easiest methods. If you do not like to do many things just before going to a party, this is for you.
- Grab an old handkerchief or a cloth that you can wash off easily.
- Put hand sanitizer on it. Make sure the percentage of alcohol is higher in it.
- Start rubbing your silver ring with the handkerchief.
- You will see that it is turning into its original color.
- Do not apply this trick if your ring has a stone because alcohol can damage the stone surface.
- Slice a few lemons take out the juice into a bowl. If you do not have any lemon in your hand, use lime juice.
- Take a small bowl and add one tablespoon of baking soda into it.
- Pour the lemon juice into the container and mix them well.
- Cover your silver ring with this paste and leave it for five minutes.
- Take a damp paper cloth and wipe off the paste.
- Rinse with plain water.
- Take a big bowl and place the ring inside it.
- Now, add one cup of white distilled vinegar into it.
- Also, add four tablespoons of baking soda into the bowl and give all of them a good stir.
- Leave it to rest for an hour.
- Take out the ring and grab a paper towel.
- Rub the ring gently, and you will see that the ring has got back its natural luster.
- You may rinse the ring with plain water.
- Take a container and add three tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Boil some water for two to three minutes.
- Take the lukewarm water and add it to the bowl.
- Make a paste by mixing the two ingredients.
- Take cotton and apply the paste to the ring.
- Leave it like this for two minutes, and then grab an old toothbrush.
- Start brushing the sides and the dents of the ring.
- Take a soft cloth and dip it in water.
- Gently wipe off any residue with the help of the cloth.
- Rinse the ring with plain water, and you are good to go.
I hope this blog is helpful for you, and now, you can clean all your silver rings at home.