Why Should You Clean Scratches on the car?
Cars need a lot of maintenance, and if you do not take proper care of your cars, it will cost you even more. Of course, some people are very protective of their cars and take immediate steps whenever they find tiny scratches or the paint has gone off. But some people are not bothered about such tiny problems.
But, if you do not fix those tiny ones, it will turn into something bigger, and they probably, have to spend some more bucks to get it fixed. Also, scratches allow the dirt and pollutant to get stuck on the surface layer of your car, and if the paint has gone off, you should immediately fix it; otherwise, dirt will start accumulating on that spot, and you will have a hard time cleaning them.
The Methos to Clean Scratches on Car:
In this blog, I will share some simple tricks to get the scratches on your car so that you do not have to rush to the car washers every time you see them.
Things that you will need:
- Liquid detergent
- Microfiber cloth
- Rinse your car well with plain water.
- Wet the sponge and squeeze excess water.
- Add a few drops of liquid detergent to the sponge and create foam by rubbing it. Do not use any powdered soap or detergent because the granules can create more scratches on the surface.
- Now, rub the surface of your car, especially on the scratch spot. It will clean all the dirt from that spot.
- Rinse the foam with plain water and rub the spot gently with a microfiber cloth. Make sure that it is made of microfiber. The texture is smooth enough not to take off any paint or create more scratches.
- You can follow this method if you find that the scratches are very tiny and will not create any problems in the future.
Things that you need:
- Microfiber cloth
- Take a tiny amount of toothpaste and apply it to the scratch spot. Make sure that the toothpaste is gel-like or it does not contain any granules. The granules can make more scratches on the surface.
- Spread the toothpaste evenly on the spot and rub it with the microfiber cloth. You will see that the scratch spot is vanishing gradually. Repeat the process until you are left with no spot.
- Dip the microfiber cloth in water and squeeze the excess water out.
- Remove the toothpaste from the surface and wipe off the water with the help of a fresh cloth.
If you find that the paint has gone off and only washing the car is not enough, follow the steps mentioned below.
Things you will need:
- Microfiber cloth
- Buy a WD-40 from any local shop. It is an excellent polishing agent. It is used to polish any iron surface and to protect the surface from rust and pollutant. You can also use it to polish your car whenever you wash it. It will add another layer of protection to your car.
- Spray a decent amount of WD-40 on the scratch spot. Then, make sure that you cover the spot entirely with it.
- Leave it for one minute.
- Take a microfiber cloth and start rubbing the spray. Work in a circular motion, and you will see that the product is polishing the surface. After some time, you will find that the scratch spot is gone.
- If there is any residue, remove that with the help of the microfiber cloth.
If you follow these steps, you can easily clean any car scratch at your home. Do not leave any spot unattended for a long time.
Also, consider cleaning your car at least once a month. If you go outside regularly, then rinse the car regularly. It will keep the surface of your car clean. To wash it properly, you only need three things.
- Car washing soap
- You can buy a car washing soap that is specifically designed for cleaning cars. They are free of any abrasive and chemical that can damage the outer layer of coating.
- Rinse the car well with water.
- Add a few drops of the car washing soap to the wet sponge and scrub the surface with it by forming lather.
- Rinse it off with plain water.
- Consider using WD-40 spray on the surface of your car to protect it from external damage and pollutant. It will also add a new shine to your car.
These are the easiest methods to clean scratches on your car.