Why Should You Clean Rusty Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is one of the most used materials in our daily life. Everything we need in our lives is mostly made of stainless steel. Things made of stainless steel are usually long-lasting and sturdy. But rusty steel can ruin the entire appearance of things. That is why we should try to clean those rusts at home. But, we think that it will take a lot of time and we leave it.
In this blog, I will share three different methods to clean those rusts off your sink or utensil so that it will look brand-new and you will start re-using them. The methods I will take about are very simple and easy. You do not need a lot of things at your hand. Most of them are available at our house. With these simple and easy steps, you can also clean rusty stainless steel at home.
Let us see what the things that you may need are:
Things You Need:
- Baking soda
- A sponge
- Paper towel
The Methods of Cleaning:
I will mention three methods and also explain the right way to clean those steel.
- Grab a knife and slice two to three lemons and keep them aside.
- Next, take a small container to make a paste.
- Take one tablespoon of tartar cream. You can easily buy this from a local seller.
- Squeeze the lemons and take out the juice.
- Mix the lemon juice and tartar cream very well. The paste is a highly effective solution. Tartar cream will work as a bleach, and when it is combined with lemon drops, it will effectively lighten the oxidized spots.
- Apply the paste all over the rusty area and spread equally.
- Add a thick layer as you should be entirely cover the rusty spots.
- Leave the paste on steel for at least 10 minutes.
- Grab a sponge and make it wet.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the sponge and start rubbing the steel.
- As you rub, you will notice that the rusts are gradually coming off.
- After rubbing well, wash the sponge thoroughly.
- With the damp sponge, start cleaning the residues.
- Wash with plain water at the end.
To follow this method, you will need a few lemons and baking soda. You can easily buy baking soda in local shops and lemons are always available at our house.
- Slice two lemons and keep them aside.
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of baking soda to it. Do not add baking powder. Baking soda is alkaline, and lemon is acidic. Both of these will create a strong solution that is very effective in removing rust.
- Add the lemon juice to the baking soda. You will notice that after mixing the ingredients, they have started to create foam. It means they are reacting with each other and provide you with a strong solution.
- After mixing the two ingredients well, apply the paste all over the rusty spots.
- Leave the paste on the rust for about thirty minutes.
- Take a cloth and make it wet.
- Start rubbing the rust off the metal surface with the wet cloth.
- After rubbing all of them and making the metal surface clean, wash the area with plain water.
- If you see that all the rust has not come off, apply the paste again all over the surface.
- Leave the paste on the surface for another fifteen minutes.
- Take a paper towel and start cleaning the area again.
- You will be amazed to see that the metal surface has already started to look very clean and rust-free.
- This method is the easiest method of all. Lemons and baking soda are two such ingredients that are always available at our house. You can never imagine how these two ingredients can work like magic and make the steel items at your house look brand-new.
- You will need two basic ingredients to follow this step. One is baking soda, and another ingredient is plain water.
- All you need is to grab a cup and pour water.
- Do not fill it up to the brink of the cup, as you will be adding the baking soda into it.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and mix them very well.
- Apply the mixture all over the rusty areas and leave the surface like that.
- After fifteen minutes, grab a paper towel or cloth and dip it in water.
- After squeezing out the excess water, start rubbing the metal surface.
- After rubbing, wash the area with plain water.
You will see noticeable changes just after the first application.