The Methods to Clean Knee and Elbow:
We all have dark knees and elbows, more or less. To get rid of those, we all run for instant chemical alternatives. But, using them daily can lead to dry and damaged skin. There are various reasons because of which our elbows and knees get dark. For example, we often avoid scrubbing these areas while taking a shower. Dark elbows can also be the result of our sleeping posture. We lie on our bed, giving pressure to our elbows. It can turn the elbows black.
To clean them, we should always opt for natural solutions and correct our sleeping posture. Consider taking a regular shower and scrub the elbows and knees at least once a week.
This blog will share some effective natural remedies to clean your elbows and knees and make them lighter in tone.
Before following any of these steps, consider cleaning your elbows and knees beforehand. You have to remove the dirt and dead skin cells first so that the remedies can penetrate your skin and give you results.
- Grab a body wash or soap of your choice and take a loofah.
- Wet your elbows and knees and pour some of the liquid body wash on it.
- Start massaging your elbows and knees with it and form lather.
- Rinse the foam with plain cold water.
- Now, take a body scrub. You can use any local drugstore product or make a homemade body scrub by mixing one tablespoon grounded sugar and one tablespoon of coffee grounds. Next, add a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil and mix all of them well.
- Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and start massaging with gentle pressure.
- Scrubbing with the paste will remove any built-up dead skin cells. Wipe off the paste with the help of tissue paper and rinse with plain water. Coffee grounds will help to brighten your skin, and coconut or olive oil will smoothen up the area.
Now you can follow any of the below-mentioned processes as an after treatment. Follow these regularly to get clean and smooth elbows and knees.
- Grab a cucumber and cut two to three slices of it.
- Take one slice and start rubbing it on your elbows or knees. Cucumber works wonder when it comes to healing dried and chapped skin. It is full of Vitamin A that will clean your skin from within and leave it fresh and glowing.
- After rubbing the slices, do not wipe them off immediately. Instead, let it work for ten minutes.
- Then, rinse with plain water.
- Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel and put it into a bowl. You can use readymade aloe vera gel, or you can use the one from your garden. First, ensure that you clean the aloe vera leaf well with water and place it upside down for half an hour to ensure that the yellow liquid trickles down the leaf. The liquid is not good for our skin. Next, rinse the leaf and take out the gel with the help of a knife.
- Add one tablespoon of milk to it and make a paste by mixing the two ingredients well.
- Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and leave it for a night.
- The next morning, you can wash off the areas with warm water. Again, from the first application, you can see noticeable changes.
- It is one of the most popular methods and very easy to do.
- Take a lemon and slice it.
- Now sprinkle some baking soda on it and start rubbing your elbows and knees with the slice. Baking soda is an excellent cleaning agent, and lemon contains vitamin C that will help lighten your elbows and knees.
- Let the lemon and baking soda for another fifteen minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
- You need potatoes to do this step. Potato is an excellent brightening agent. You will start to see the instant result just after following this step.
- Cut a potato and grate it with the help of a grater.
- Now take a cup and place the tea strainer on it.
- Place the grated slices into it and take out the juice with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the juice on your elbows and knees and let it rest for fifteen minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- Since potato works as a natural bleach, you need to apply moisturizer after following the steps.
All the ingredients are natural and highly effective. So, you do not need to worry anymore about your dark elbows and knees.