If you are a coffee lover and goes to your K-cup machine every time you want to enjoy your favorite expresso, then you are not alone. But when it comes to the cleaning of it afterward, then we need some expert tips so that we can clean our coffee machine in a short time.
K-cup machines have brought a revolutionary change in the lives of coffee lovers. But with every technology comes the burden of proper maintenance. If you do not maintain your electronic devices properly, they are not going to last.
Every time you make your coffee, you should clean your K-cup machine thoroughly. But this is not possible for us to keep it clean and brand-new. But now you will know about the simple tips and tricks that will help you keep your machine clean like before.
In this blog, I will mention the necessary steps to be followed, and then I shall also provide you with a detailed description of the processes.
Clean the Compartments
- Empty: You should start with emptying any residue that is left inside the reservoir.
- Separate: Disassemble every detachable compartment of your K-cup machine and place them aside.
- Instruction Manual: You need to go through your machine’s instruction manual to ensure that you can clean the compartments with soap.
- Solution: Prepare the solution that you will use to clean the parts of your K-cup machine. You have to prepare lukewarm water, and you can also add a little bit of soap or mild dishwasher if it is permissible.
- Rinse: Rinse all the compartments thoroughly with the lukewarm solution so that every possible residue gets cleaned.
- Brushing: Along with cleaning the compartments, you can also clean up the outer surface of your machine with the help of a soft brush.
- Use Vinegar: You will need vinegar. Due to its acidic nature, it can clean the outer layer of your machine very well. Just dip the brush in vinegar, and start scrubbing it gently.
- Clean up: Do not forget to clean the space in between where you pour your favorite coffee grounds. Usually, a lot of coffee grains get stuck in there. So you have to make sure that you clean that space as well.
Clean the Filters
- Clean the Filters: If your K-cup machine has a reusable filter, you must follow a double cleansing process. The filters are the most difficult part to clean because the coffee grains get stuck to them, and simply rinsing them with water will serve no purpose.
- Vinegar Solution: Take a small container and pour lukewarm water into it. Now add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vinegar to the water. Finally, place the coffee filter in it.
- Wait: You need to wait for some time and let the vinegar solution do its job.
- Brush: Take a soft brush and gently start scrubbing it. Do not overdo it, as overdoing can affect the efficacy of the filter negatively.
- Rinse: Rinse all the detachable compartments of the machine along with the filter with plain water.
- Drying: Place them at a place where air circulation is very good. Let them completely dry.
- Reassemble: Assemble all the parts.
Clean the Reservoir
- Clean the Reservoir: After you are done cleaning the outer compartments, you need to clean the reservoir. Our coffee is prepared inside it. So, we have to make sure that it is cleaned properly.
- Vinegar and Water: Pour a mixture of white vinegar and water into the reservoir.
- Plugin: Plug the machine in and let the solution brew on its own.
- Repeat: Repeat the process several times until you are convinced that the water that comes out of it is completely clean.
- Rinse with Water: After discarding the vinegar solution, pour plain water into the reservoir. Let the water brew as well. Make sure that the vinegar is washed off properly.
- Place the filter: Put the filter back into the machine, and voila! Now you can enjoy your next cup of cappuccino.
Additional Tips to Keep Your K-Cup Machine Brand-New:
- Always make sure to clean your machine, especially the reservoir with drinking water. Tap water can build a layer of sediment that can get stuck inside the reservoir.
- If you can still find some coffee spots on the reservoir, use two tablespoons of salt with vinegar. Salt will act as a mild scrub, and all those coffee spots will vanish in a moment.
- If you are not going to use the K-cup machine for consecutive days. So, make sure that you empty the reservoir well.
- Always double-check that your K-cup machine is not running unnecessarily. Additional pressure on the technology can damage your machine.