Why It Takes Time to Clean Carpet?
Carpets are usually made of wool or jute. The texture of the material captures dirt very easily, and since you cannot wash your carpets easily, it becomes even dirtier. You can not easily remove any stain from your carpet, and cleaning it takes a lot of time.
So, should we leave it dirty? Absolutely no. I will share some simple methods to clean your house’s carpets, and you do not have to put in a lot of effort.
The Methods to Clean Carpet:
It is not enough if you just clean the poop with a piece of paper because it will stain the area, and that will not come off very easily. All the things you require to follow the cleaning methods are always available in your house, and you do not have to rush to buy new and expensive solutions to clean your carpet.
Let us know the methods in detail.
Wear a hand glove:
The first thing you have to do is wearing a hand glove. It can be anything that will protect your hands from the dirt. It is very important to maintain proper hygiene, especially in a pandemic situation. Do not put the lives of you and the members of your family at risk. We know how much you adore your puppies, but you have to make sure that all of you are safe from any knife of disease.
The moment you catch your dog making a mess, consider cleaning it right away. If you do not do it, you will never be able to remove the stain later. So, all you have to do is just grab a piece of paper and wipe the mess off your carpet.
After you have removed it, consider wiping the area very well. You can use tissue paper for that. Just moist the tissue paper a bit and start cleaning the area. Repeat the process until you have cleaned it properly. You can also consider using a wet face wipe or baby wipe. Wet wipes are particularly efficient in cleaning the poop marks on the carpet.
Prepare the solution:
You do not need any fancy cleaning solution to clean your carpet. Instead, you can prepare a DIY cleaning solution at your home.
Things you need:
- A tablespoon for measuring
- A cup
- White vinegar
- Dishwasher liquid
- Grab the cup and start adding the ingredients one by one.
- Add one tablespoon of white vinegar to the cup.
- Then, add one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid. Check the ingredient at the back and make sure that it does not contain any alkaline chemical. Since vinegar is acidic, avoid mixing any alkaline agent with it.
- Add water to it depending on the quantity you want to prepare.
- Give all of them a good stir and mix everything well.
- You will be left with a thick solution.
Application of the solution:
- Apply the required amount of that DIY solution to the stain. Make sure that you apply a thick layer of that solution.
- Do not wipe it off immediately. Then, the solution will not work.
- Wait for 10 minutes and grab tissue paper.
- Wipe the paste off and check if the stain is removed completely.
- If you see that the stain is still there, repeat the application process and wait for another ten minutes. The process may take some time. So, be patient.
Take it off:
- Once you find that the stain is completely removed, pour some cold water on the area. Do not use hot water because hot water can make any leftover stain permanent.
- Grab tissue paper or blotting paper, if possible, and start dabbing the area with it.
- If you see that the spot is no longer there, you can use another dry tissue paper to remove any residue and wipe off the water.
Remove the odor:
- Cleaning is not enough if you want your carpet to be like before. To remove the odor, you need to sprinkle a decent amount of baking soda on the stained spot and leave it like this for at least 7 to 8 hours.
- Baking soda contains sodium which is an excellent natural chemical that absorbs any bad odor or wetness. The molecules present in sodium can absorb water from the surrounding. Sprinkling baking soda on the area will completely remove any odor.
You can run your vacuum cleaner on the area to complete the cleaning process, and your carpet will be clean