The Methods to Clean Amethyst Geodes:
Amethyst geodes can be difficult to clean properly because of their uneven texture and sharp ends. In addition, you can not wash the geodes with plain water because it will not remove the dirt that can be stuck inside those dents. So, make sure that you follow the proper processes to clean your amethyst geode.
In this blog, I will share some easy and effective methods to clean amethyst geodes because if you need to clean them regularly, you should follow some easy processes. Amethyst geodes need regular cleaning, especially if you keep them outside. Dirt can accumulate inside those dents very easily. It becomes difficult for you to take that dirt out of it because amethyst geodes should be handled with utmost gentleness.
- Before cleaning it, you should remember some facts that amethyst can tolerate extreme temperature. That is why you should not wash it with very hot or very cold water.
- Also, try to keep it inside a box. It will protect the stone from outside pollutants and dirt. In addition, it will be easier for you to clean it in the future.
- The last and most important thing to remember is that never wash it with a chemical cleaning solution or vinegar. Any acidic ingredient will damage the material of the geode.
Now, let us know the methods step by step to clean amethyst geodes.
Things you will need:
- Lukewarm water
- Take a container that is big enough to submerge the entire piece of amethyst geode. If your geode is very large, you can take a bucket.
- Take a container and pour water into it. Now, start boiling it. When it is lukewarm, turn the flame off and pour the water into the bucket or a container.
- Submerge the amethyst geode in the water and let it remain there for a minute.
- Take the amethyst geode out of the water and clean the dents with the help of a washcloth. It will help to remove any dirt that is on the outer layer. If you find it is not clean enough, do not worry because it is the initial step. We will deep-cleanse it in the next step.
Things you will need:
- Container or a bucket
- Mild liquid dishwasher or baby shampoo
- A soft-bristled toothbrush
- Tissue paper
- Take a container and boil some water.
- When the water is lukewarm, take the container off the oven.
- Take another container or a bucket and pour the lukewarm water into it.
- Now add a few drops of mild liquid dishwashing gel to the water. You can also add baby shampoo. That is also mild enough. Make sure that the chemicals present in it are not too harsh or strong. Since it is a stone, the alkaline components that are too strong can damage the stone.
- Mix the baby shampoo or dishwashing liquid very well with the water and create a foamy solution.
- Dip the amethyst geode into the mixture and submerge it completely. Let it remain inside the solution for ten minutes. The lukewarm water will loosen up the dirt particles from the surface of the amethyst geode, and the foam will clean them.
- After ten minutes, take the amethyst geode out of the bucket or container and grab the soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Start brushing the surface of the geode, especially the dents that are prone to get dirty. You will see that all the dirt has started to come off. Repeat the process until you remove all those dirt.
- Now, dip the amethyst geode in a bucket full of fresh water and clean it well with your hands. Rub the surface of it to ensure there is no foam left.
- Rinse it thoroughly with clean running water.
- Now, take the washcloth and wipe the amethyst geode with it. The process will clean dirt that may be left on the surface.
- Rinse the amethyst geode well with plain water.
- Take a clean tissue paper and wrap the amethyst geode with it. Please, do not rub it because tiny pieces of tissue paper can get stuck to the dents and sharp ends and be torn.
- Let the amethyst geode be wrapped in the tissue paper for about two minutes, and you will see that the tissue paper has absorbed all the water from its surface.
- Wipe the amethyst geode with a clean towel.
To keep it safe from dust or dirt particles, you can place the geode in a covered box. If it is small in size, place it inside a jewelry box. But if it is big, then you can grab a cardboard box.